Monday 23 November 2015

Our Garden Room ;-)





A few months ago, we decided that we would add a 'Garden Room' to our home. 

It wasn't a decision that we made lightly; we have often thought about it

in the past.  We live in a beautiful, secluded spot and although

we didn't want to ruin what we had, we also wanted to make the most of

enjoying the nature, which is diverse and varied.






So...finally we took the plunge... and the work began.




Needless to say, we have taken loads of photos! Most of them are not

exactly glamorous ...but it gets better!!




I mean, who gets excited about a cement mixer?

Not me! Yet every day was a step forward; a step in the right direction!











Waiting for the plaster to dry was somewhat frustrating! It's been so damp 

just lately...and I am not the most patient of people at the best of times!!

But patient we had to be!





This is where is gets a little more interesting! 

Fast forward to paint ...and carpet!! ;-)




And then...we had the most fun morning ! 

Having already gathered together the things that we wanted 

to enhance the room, we proceeded to plonk them into place (lol)..and 

Hey Presto!!




This room is a very good size and we've manage to place everything to perfection...including

Mr Snippets' 1950s cocktail cabinet!




And not forgetting the Ercol Pebble tables...my favourite Ercol!




Now there's something to write about in the jolly old Christmas

'boast in the post' letters!! LOL!

No way!

However, it's wonderful to be able to keep this blog as

my diary and, in the future, look back and remember the time when

we added this lovely garden room to our home.

;-)




4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely I have always always wanted a conservatory! I Keep telling myself the next house I move to I will!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cor, what a transformation! I can't wait to see it at Christmas, and also in the spring, when you'll have birds flying around all over the place... How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)